Club News‎ > ‎


posted 20 Nov 2017, 00:58 by Tourlestrane GAA PRO
When we thought the only highlight of the weekend was to be Mary Conway's appearance on the late late show, our U21s gave us another reason to celebrate with a very sweet victory over Easkey/Enniscrone in 80 minutes of a most entertaining game . The  two teams  fought to the bitter end in a game where in the early stages they swapped leads but at the half time whistle Tourlestrane led by 2/5 to 8 points with goals by Mark Lundy and the skipper Rian Kennedy.  
In the second half Easkey/Enniscrone seemed  more organised scoring more than the home team (1/5)  but keeper Adam Broe still denied the visitors more than once and this added to some well taken points by both Tourlestrane's Liam Gaughan and Conan Marren kept us to just a point behind in the dying minutes of the game . A free awarded to Tourlestrane kicked over by Kennedy left the teams level at the full time whistle.
Extra time loomed and the teams went to reorganise themselves for the next vital 20 minutes. Conan Marren kicked the first point of the 'new game' but Easkey/Enniscrone looked like it was going their way with a goal opportunity hit the net and at the end of the first 10 it rested at Easkey 2/15 to the home's 2/14. 
The final 10 minutes with the supporters for both sides cheering loudly Sean Mc Veigh caught a high ball passing it off and finding the sharp shooter Liam Gaughan who sent it crashing to the net to leave us 2 points behind in the closing moments . A defensive lapse quickly found the Ball in his hands again and for the second time in 4 minutes Gaughan powered the ball home to rattle the net and win Tourlestrane a place in the final v Tubbercurry . Well done lads and in particular the younger lads who showed with the rest of the team  a never say die attitude. Thanks  to Easkey/Enniscrone team and management for a great game of football ! 💚💛
We wish a speedy recovery to Darren Leonard who had an excellent game but sustained an injury to his hand .